Eating Disorders: Art Therapy Poll



Have you tried art therapy to help you in your recovery or are you considering giving it a try? Was it/is it a useful tool or was it not something you found helpful? Please take a moment and share you experience by participating in the poll in the sidebar.

Would you like to have your ED Art and/or your experience with it featured here, on Weighing The Facts? If so please email me at mrsmenopausal@yahoo.com.

Thank you for participating.

Completed Poll Results:

Have You Used Art Therapy To Aid Your Recovery?
(choose all that apply)
Votes: 57

Yes, in therapy
20 (35%)
Yes, on my own
20 (35%)
It's helped me
26 (45%)
I didn't like it
7 (12%)
I do it regularly
8 (14%)
No, never
10 (17%)
Don't want to try it
4 (7%)
Know someone it helps
6 (10%)
Others' art helps me
9 (15%)
Love it
14 (24%)
I doodle in my journal
22 (38%)
Thinking about trying it
3 (5%)
I find it triggering
6 (10%)
Uninterested
2 (3%)
Yes, recently
14 (24%)
Yes, a long time ago
10 (17%)


*See more poll results here.

See also:
The Use Of Art Therapy In The Treatment Of Eating Disorders
Eating Disorders And Art Therapy
Relapse Prevention: Eating Disorder Recovery

2 comments:

Lily Jane said...

Thanks so much for this great post. I'm currently in the process of creating and publishing an ED artwork/writing (that's art too!) book with a friend of mine in the UK (I'm in the USA)- I've been collecting artwork from different folks who are interested in it. :) I think it's such a valid and useful tool for those who don't yet have a voice to express themselves! Thanks again. Let me know how it goes, and if you find any research/resources that are helpful!

MrsMenopausal said...

Hi, Lily...
I agree with you about art therapy. The book you're working on sounds wonderful. I'd love to know when it's available to the public. Give me a heads up when it is, OK?
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.