Since 1949, May has been designated as Mental Health Month. This year's theme is Live Your Life Well, which "challenges us to promote health and wellness in homes, communities, schools, and inform those who don't believe it's attainable."
Mental Health America's Live Your Life Well public education campaign was created to help people enhance their well-being, and encourage people to take care of their mental health in times of stress and personal challenge.
Here are some links to get you started:
- 10 Tools to Live Your Life Well
- How Stress Hurts
- Ways To Live Well
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health Resources :Hotlines, Websites, Organizations
- More Mental Health Links
- Are You Feeling Stressed Out?
- Stress: Know the Signs
- National Mental Health Information Center
- The National Council Org Free Mental Health Month live webcasts
- About.Com: List of NAMI (National Allicance on Mental Illness) walks for Mental Health Month
Suicide Prevention Resources
Sexual Abuse Resources
Domestic Abuse/Violence Resources
Eating Disorder Resources