Eve Simonetti is on a mission to raise awareness for eating disorders in memory of her friend, Sarah Fasano.
Eve says, "Over the past 8 years i have been suffering from an eating disorder that has nearly killed me and taken my life. Not many people realize just how powerful this disorder is. I have been to over a dozen treatment facilities and have met hundreds of girls/women who are fighting for their life with this as well but we have very limited resources. Recently i have lost a friend from my most recent treatment center, The Renfrew Center. My roommate Sarah Fasano. Not just for her but for all of my friends silently suffering, i would like to raise awareness of this vicious disease and just how many women it affects. Sarah was very passionate about NEDA and recovery, so i would like to pay a tribute to her and the other soldiers we have lost along the way in the battle against the body."
- 70 million individuals are affected by eating disorders worldwide, with 24 million being American.
- 10 to 15 percent are male.
- 90 percent of women with eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25.
- Currently approximately 11 percent of high school students have been diagnosed with an eating disorder.
- 15 percent of young women in the US who are not diagnosed with an eating disorder exhibit substantially disordered eating behavior and attitude.
Eve added, "Sarah was active and passionate about NEDA and I really cant think of anything else that would serve as more of a testimony than this."
All donations raised in honor of Sarah Fasano will go to NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association). Please consider making a donation and help Eve raise awareness about eating disorders.
Donations can be made here.
Sarah Fasano Music on YouTube
See more Eating Disorders Statistics