Bombarded by images and messages from the media, and society in general, women are faced with often impossible standards to hold ourselves and our bodies to.
April 7th, 2011 welcomes the second annual Be Body Positive Day. It's all about loving yourself, loving your body, and seeking healthy pleasures. It's your right!
The event is the creation of the non-profit organization,
The Body Positive:
The Body Positive is a community of women and girls who support each other in laying down the burdens of judgment, comparison, and shame. We include ourselves—and all women—in our definition of beauty because we believe that soul expression and life force are the qualities that make a woman truly attractive. We have chosen to pursue joyful healthy lives with a focus on purposeful living.
So take this day to treat yourself to some extra special, self-loving activities and appreciate yourself and all women, everywhere.
Do at least one thing that makes you feel great about your body!
Ideas to help celebrate Be Body Positive Day:
- Write yourself a love letter.
- Go for a walk along the beach, in the woods, or somewhere you love, and take notice of all the beauty around you. Bring your camera with you!
- Take your favorite book into the tub and have a long soak.
- Squelch those negative thoughts and replace them with positive, self-appreciative ones.
- Journal about how wonderful your body is.
- Remind yourself how grateful you are to be you.
What are you going to do to celebrate Be Body Positive Day?
Connect with The Body Positive: