I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions. More often than not, we set up lofty goals that are near impossible to stick to or are just unhealthy for us. When we don't manage to accomplish them we then feel guilty, frustrated, and defeated. If you're considering making resolutions for the new year why not make them something that nurtures your being and changes how you feel about yourself?
10 Self-Nurturing New Year's Resolutions
I resolve to:
- love myself more (flaws and all)
- be more grateful for my body and what it allows me to do every day
- make more healthy choices for both my mind and my body
- respect myself and others more
- surround myself with more positive and supportive people
- stop comparing myself to others and instead celebrate my unique individuality more
- replace negative self-talk with more positive, loving statements
- let go of past shame, regrets, and fear and live in the present more
- speak up, reach out, and ask for more help when I need it
- laugh more, love more, and enjoy the life I have been blessed with
Notice the word, "more," slipped in there? "More" is important for two reasons.
- you may already be doing these things and so now are resolving to build on them.
- "more" allows forward movement without the preconceived notion of failure when you don't accomplish something fully.
Remember, it's not about perfecting anything. It's about learning to nurture yourself. It takes time and practice.
Make this year the year that you choose to take care of you. Make yourself a priority.
Happy New Year!
©Weighing The Facts