Thanksgiving can be a very tense and stressful time, especially for those who are struggling with an eating disorder. If you're feeling less than positive, you are not alone. poll results
Take action now to help see you through the holiday. Being prepared in advance will help to alleviate the stress and fear you may be experiencing.
It's okay to put yourself first. It's okay to plan ahead. It's okay to ask for help from those that you can depend on to support you. It's all a part of taking care of yourself.
Below are some old, and some new, resources for doing just that.
- Surviving Thanksgiving when you have an eating disorder
- Eating Disorders Hotlines, Websites, Orgs
- Giving Thanks
- Relapse Prevention
- Breath and Visualize
- A Mini Survival Guide
- 10 Ways To Survive Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Survival Guide
- 10 Tips To Help You Enjoy The Holiday
- 5 Tips for Thanksgiving When an Eating Disorder Is at the Table
- Holiday Survival
- Eating Disorder: Thanksgiving Tips & Tools To Help You Succeed and Survive!
- Twelve Ideas to Help Women with Eating Disorders Negotiate Thanksgiving and Christmas
May your holiday be filled with all things wonderful and find you surrounded by loving, supportive people.